A family narrowly escaped a fire in their house that had no smoke alarms.
Around 2 a.m. Sunday, a 7-year-old girl noticed smoke in her Oak Grove home in the 2500 block of SE Walnut Street.
She woke her dad, who was sound asleep and had no idea the fire was burning. There were no working smoke detectors in the home.
The father got everyone out of the house safely and called 911.
Firefighters quickly contained and extinguished the relatively small fire that started in the clothes dryer, and ventilated the two story home that was charged with poisonous smoke.
Damage is estimated at $20,000.