MUSIC FOR THE HEART works to eliminate cardiovascular disease by supporting scientific research. We raise money by producing world-class musical concerts and we educate the public through our Focus on Science events. We recognize that music is an efficient, effective means for engaging people and stimulating thought and, as such, a sustainable basis for creating positive impact. We have donated over $100,000 to the
FACTS ABOUT HEART DISEASE
A woman's diet and her muscle mass during pregnancy play a critical role in risk of heart disease in her offspring during adult life.
Cardiovascular disease causes more loss of life than the seven other leading causes of death COMBINED.
A woman's risk of dying from cardiovascular disease is 5 times greater than dying from breast cancer.
Cardiovascular disease is the cause of death in 50% of deaths in the
To Learn More About MUSIC FOR THE HEART
Visit Our Website
Tips on Keeping your Resolutions
Have you made a resolution this year? Do you want to lose weight, gain a new skill or organize your house? Whatever your resolution is, here are some tips to help you stick to it throughout the year.
1. Make it attainable. Be sure that your resolution is attainable. Sticking to your monthly budget is attainable—making a million dollars may not be.
2. Tell everyone. If you tell everyone about your resolution, you are more likely to keep it. If you want to quit smoking, you can even go as far as telling your friends that you'll give them $50 if they catch you lighting up.
3. Be specific. If you want to get fit in the new year, set a specific goal. For example, instead of saying you want to get fit, say you want to lose 10 pounds and tone your arms and legs.
4. Start small. Create small goals for yourself. If you want to organize your house, assign one room to each month. In January, organize your kitchen. In February, organize your bedroom. In March, your organize your office. In April, you organize your garage, and so on.
5. Write it down. It's important to motivate yourself throughout the year. Write your resolution down on every month in your calendar. Don't let yourself forget about your resolution as the year goes on.